Friday, March 27, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday -- 3/27/09

1. Success (or, "Perfectly Obvious:") I've learned how to upload pictures!

2. We are enjoying the arrival of Spring, both indoors and outside. These are some little beauties from my own yard:


3. How Waverley returns thanks:


"Bless us, O Lord, these thy gifts, bounty receive, bounty of Christ, Amen."

4. Our seedlings are taking off:

We estimate ripe tomatoes by early June.

5. Last night I dreamed that I purposely ran a red light with my kids in the car. Tomorrow, I'm taking Tigaloo to a chiropractor appointment that's over an hour away. Maybe I'm just nervous about driving that far with her, alone. It's been a long time since I drove anywhere with only myself and a small baby in the car. I wonder if nursing moms have more anxiety about car trips than bottle-feeding moms? I remember feeling great relief about taking Wallaby anywhere in the car, knowing I could hand him a bottle of breastmilk if the need arose.

6. Currently reading: Chesterton's Orthodoxy.

7. Notre Dame. There's something I'd like to say about it, but that must be another post. See coverage over at American Papist.

for more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary

3 comments:

Kaycee said...

Great pictures! I love Waverly's little fingers.

If you ever need help with your blog check out bloggerbuster.com, I got a lot of helpful tips there.

Good luck on you long drive. My kids both sleep well in the car.

Mrs. C. said...

Thanks, Kaycee. I'll have to check out that site, although the real thing I need for my blog is an extra 6 hours in my day! ;)

Lerin said...

Pretty flowers, and adorable prayer. Really focused on the "bopunty" part, huh? :)